Thursday, July 15, 2010

Preparing for the Social Survey Analyst

I have recently studied the Statistics for my research because Statistics is must-have toolkit in my pocket to support and verify my hypothesis in writing a research paper. Statistics is hard to understand, and I didn't get a good grade back in my university, so I am scared a little bit. If you are interested in Statistics or Mathematics, you might know SPSS or R. SPSS is one of the best analysis tool although I'm not good at SPSS yet. I bought several books for SPSS as usual and I found there is a certificate regarding SPSS. The certificate is for those who want to be analyst, especially in social survey in South Korea. Very interesting, isn't it? I've never heard that before.

Social Survey Analyst(in short, SSA) is the certificate and if you get certified, there will be more chances that you can get a job related to survey. For me, I am not going to be analyst, but it is good for me to get certified and get used to SPSS. At the first time, I thought the SSA is easy to get certified like other license or certificate. But after getting some information about SSA from internet and according to the official website, the rate of passing the exam is under 40 percent. Wow! It's worth to try! I don't want to get licenses that everybody can get.

Anyway, to get certified, I should study Statistics, survey method, psychology, and SPSS. It's a hard and long way to go. ;-)

Ok, let's study!!!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home